Welcome to GPATS
The Global Position and Tracking Systems Pty. Ltd. (GPATS) is located in Ultimo, NSW, Australia and was founded with the mission of developing, manufacturing, selling and supporting lightning location networks, and lightning hazard warning sensors and systems. GPATS is focused on providing our clients with the most accurate, affordable and reliable lightning detection and warning systems available today.
The GPATS group has more than 20 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, installing and supporting lightning location systems. GPATS’s beginnings started back in 1983 with Dr. Rodney B. Bent, the founder and CEO of GPATS, pioneering the Time-of-Arrival technology... read more
Why should you use our services
- Utilises the time-of-arrival technique to detect calculate characteristics of lightning events.
- System consists of lightning detection sensors, hardware and software for processing.
- Boasts long-range detection capabilities.
- Stores data in digitised form for future analysis.
- Digitises and stores waveforms of each lightning stroke for scientific analysis.
- Continually earns international academic acclaim and support.